Welcome to Monash Health Volunteer Services
Volunteer Services at Monash Health aim to enhance the experience of patients, families and visitors who visit our sites.
People who want to make a positive impact on others who are available Monday - Friday during business hours, 8am- 5pm are invited to review the volunteer descriptions (bottom of screen) and apply if you can meet the conditions of volunteering.
Conditions of volunteering
Monash Health volunteers must be:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be triple COVID vaccinated
- Be willing to wear the appropriate PPE when required (including N95 Masks)
- Be willing to commit to a 4 hour shift of volunteering each week for a minimum of 12 months.
- Be willing to undertake Police and Working with Children checks and consent to the release of these results to Monash Health
- Be willing to sign a Monash Health Confidentiality agreement.
- Be willing to make themselves available to be photographed by Security staff in order that a Monash Health Identification tag stating their name (or Volunteer group name) can be produced.
- Adhere to codes of conduct, privacy and confidentiality, photography and video consent, infection control, all relevant Monash Health policy and procedure, including OH&S & Social media policies and emergency procedures.
- Complete such orientation and training that is deemed necessary by Monash Health staff
- Be willing to be immunised for whooping cough, tetanus, influenza and COVID 19 before their first visit.
- Be willing to sign a statutory declaration if entering residential aged care facilities
- Treat each other, Monash Health staff members and all other service users with dignity, care and respect in line with Monash Health iCARE values.
- Strive to ensure that, at all times, in the performance of their duties they:
- Act honestly and in good faith and in the best interests of Monash Health
- Carry out their duties according to the law using care and diligence
- Use their best endeavours to avoid conflicts of interest and declare conflicts of interest as soon as they arise
- Respect the privacy of others, particularly patients.