Welcome to Monash Health Volunteer Services
Volunteers at Monash Health aim to enhance the experience of patients, families and visitors to the organisation.
Recruitment is currently occurring for Residential Aged Care facilities across Monash Health. Recruitment at all other sites is temporarily on hold and will reopen for specific sites and programs when vacancies and demand require this. Keep an eye on the website for any future changes. We are seeking volunteers available Monday - Friday during business hours. No evening or weekend volunteer opportunities are currently being recruited into.
Conditions of volunteering
Monash Health volunteers must be:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be willing to commit to a 4 hour shift of volunteering each week for a minimum of 12 months.
- Be willing to undertake Police and Working with Children checks and consent to the release of these results to Monash Health
- Be willing to sign a Monash Health Confidentiality agreement
- Be willing to make themselves available to be photographed by Security staff in order that a Monash Health Identification tag stating their name (or Volunteer group name) can be produced.
- Adhere to codes of conduct, privacy and confidentiality, photography and video consent, infection control, all relevant Monash Health policy and procedure, including OH&S & Social media policies and emergency procedures.
- Complete such orientation and training that is deemed necessary by Monash Health staff
- Be willing to be immunised for whooping cough, tetanus and influenza before their first visit.
- Be willing to sign a statutory declaration if entering residential aged care facilities
- Treat each other, Monash Health staff members and all other service users with dignity, care and respect in line with Monash Health iCARE values.
- Strive to ensure that, at all times, in the performance of their duties they:
- Act honestly and in good faith and in the best interests of Monash Health
- Carry out their duties according to the law using care and diligence
- Use their best endeavours to avoid conflicts of interest and declare conflicts of interest as soon as they arise
- Respect the privacy of others, particularly patients.
If volunteering with Monash Health is of interest to you review the current volunteer opportunities and fill in an application by clicking on the icon in the top right hand corner.
To successfully complete the application form ensure you have the following ready:
- Resume detailing education, volunteer and work history
- Referee details- Name, professional relationship to you, phone and email contacts.