Volunteering is all about making a difference in your community. At Bendigo Foodshare whether you’re helping in the warehouse, assisting in the vans, answering the phones, updating the website or rattling a tin, you’re making a real impact on food poverty in Bendigo and Central Victoria.
Our dedicated team of more than 200 big-hearted volunteers give their time free of charge to help us get food to the people who need it.
Our staff is small and dynamic, so we’re always on the lookout for more passionate people and businesses to volunteer and help us feed the thousands of Central Victorians experiencing food insecurity.
The best part is volunteering with Bendigo Foodshare benefits our volunteers too. When you give your time for a good cause, you also get the chance to:
- Follow your passions, interests and values
- Socialise with new friends and have fun
- Learn new skills and develop your knowledge
- Gain work experience and professional connections
- Broaden your horizons with new experiences
- Build your build confidence and self-esteem
- Challenge yourself in a supportive environment
- Feel good about helping your community
Bendigo Foodshare volunteers come from all walks of life. They range in age from 16 to 80; some give two hours a month while others work multiple days a week, they have different life experiences and professional backgrounds, but they’re all dedicated to making Central Victoria a better place to live.
The demand for our service continues to grow and we are looking for volunteers to apply for the activities listed below.
All of the team at Bendigo Foodshare are 'authorised workers' and as such need to be vaccinated against Covid-19.