Without the continued support of our valued volunteers and foster carers, RSPCA Qld would not be able to help over 50,000 abused, abandoned or injured animals that come into our care every year.
Whether you're a volunteer ambulance driver out in the field, an animal care assistant in one of our centres, helping raise funds as an op shop assistant in one of our op shops, or one of our call centre assistants working directly with the community - each of our passionate and dedicated volunteers play a pivotal role in supporting RSPCA Qld to improve the welfare of animals and protect them from neglect and cruelty.
Hear directly from our volunteers about why they volunteer in the video below!
We operate with 400 paid staff and over 3,000 volunteers who cover a range of roles in the organisation.
Urgent Volunteer Roles
- Animal Care Assistant | Cairns (afternoons urgent)
- Animal Care Assistant | Dakabin
- Animal Care Assistant | Gympie
- Animal Care Assistant (Dogs) | Noosa
- Animal Care Assistant | Kingaroy
- Animal Care Assistant (Dogs) | Mackay
- Animal Care Assistant | Wacol (primarily weekdays)
- Domestic Hospital Assistant | Wacol
- Adoptions & Admin Assistant | Mackay
- Administration Assistant & Receptionist | Cairns (weekends urgent)
- Administration Assistant (Transcriber - Rescue Unit)
Driving & Animal Ambulance
- Animal Transfer Driver | Gympie
- Animal Ambulance Driver | Brisbane/Wacol
- Op Shop Truck Driver | Gold Coast, Rockhampton, Wacol
- Animal Ambulance Driver | Logan
- Animal Ambulance Driver | Rockhampton
Gardening & Maintenance
- Gardening & Maintenance | Mackay
- Gardening & Maintenance | Gympie
- Gardening & Maintenance | Cairns
- Gardening & Maintenance | Kingaroy
Op Shops & Retail
If you don't see what you're looking for here, we have many other roles available! Click on the categories below or use the search functions:
Important information about volunteering with RSPCA Queensland
The minimum age to volunteer is 16 years. For most roles, we ask that volunteers attend one shift per week for a minimum commitment of 3 months, this shift will be the same every week. Volunteer shifts are usually 4 hours long.
Please note we are unable to provide work experience or offer any student placements (exceptions being placements organised through university or tertiary programs).
Please read through the list of other volunteer opportunities we’re currently recruiting for and apply online if you see a role you’re interested in. If there isn’t a role currently that suits you, keep checking back in as needs and recruitment change daily!