Our volunteers make a difference to our patients, clients, residents and their families every day. They bring a variety of skills, experience, and backgrounds to support communities all across Northern BC.
At this time we have limited volunteer positions within our programs. Our greatest need is within elder care, especially for entertainers and activity volunteers in our care homes.
Most of our opportunities require availability Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm.
- Apply here if you're an individual volunteer OR
- Apply here if you're an entertainer or performance group (e.g. musician, church choir, or school group) who wishes to share their time and talents with Northern Health
- Apply here if you're joining us through a partner organization (e.g. hospital auxiliary)
Steps to becoming a volunteer
- Step 1: Apply – Complete an application
- Step 2: Interview – Qualifying candidates will be invited to an in-person, phone or virtual interview
- Step 3 : Screening – We will coordinate the required screenings (criminal record check, reference checks, driver’s abstract etc.)
- Step 4: Orientation – You will be provided with an online orientation and training, and site orientation
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-645-8520 if you have any questions or to learn what opportunities may be available in your community.