Applying to Volunteer
Click on any RMHC VIC & TAS site to the left of this page to view a list of vacant volunteer opportunities.
Click on the symbol next to each volunteer opportunity to read a full volunteer position description. You may wish to apply to volunteer by clicking the 'Fill in an application' button. Once you have done so, a Volunteer Coordinator will shortly be in contact with you.
- RMHC VIC & TAS requires a minimum time commitment of 1 volunteer shift per fortnight for a continuation of 6 months or more. Generally, the minimum duration of a volunteer shift is 3 hours. Please only apply to volunteer if you are able to commit to this requirement.
- Volunteer's will not be issued a 'Letter of Recommendation/Representation' of any nature, until a minimum of 3 months of regular volunteering has been achieved. RMHC VIC & TAS would like to make this aware to the public who are applying to volunteer for Visa or other purposes. In any instance, it will be at the discretion of the Volunteer Coordinator to issue this.
- To volunteer as an individual, you must be 18 years of age or older.
- To become a volunteer Shuttle Bus Driver you must be 26 years of age or older.
- All successful applicants must adhere to important RMHC VIC & TAS compliance documentation including online and in person training and;
- Hold a valid Working With Children's Check (WWCC), Vic or (WWVP), Tas. (Free for volunteers to obtain) and;
- Undergo an initial Crim Check (Police Check). RMHC VIC & TAS is able to accept Check's that have been processed within the last 12 months. Please note that the charity incurs a cost in order to process volunteer Crim Checks. Ensure that you are able to commit to volunteering before proceeding to apply, to avoid unnecessary costs to the charity.
Mission, Vision & Values
To support the ever-changing needs of seriously ill children and their families.
To achieve the best outcome for families by reducing the impact of their child’s serious illness.
- High Quality
Get the latest stories and up to date news by visiting the RMHC Volunteer Hub, a website specially designed for you - our wonderful volunteers.
Click here to visit the Volunteer Hub.