Join Our Volunteer Team
Supporting seriously ill children & their families
Being a part of our team, your contribution can go a long way at our RMHC VIC & TAS Houses and Family Rooms supporting many families in need. Click on any RMHC VIC & TAS site to the left of this page to view a list of our engaging vacant volunteer opportunities.
We invite you to join our team by then clicking the 'Fill in an application' button. Once you have done so, a Volunteer Coordinator will shortly be in contact with you.
Please note that all volunteers are required to fulfill the following:
- Age Requirement: To volunteer as an individual, you must be 18 years of age or older. To volunteer as a Shuttle Bus Driver, you must be 26 years of age or older.
- Time Commitment: Dedicate a minimum time commitment of x1 volunteer shift per fortnight for a continuation of 6 months or more. Generally, the minimum duration of a volunteer shift is 3 hours. Volunteers are encouraged to dedicate time for x1 volunteer shift each week. Please only apply to volunteer if you are able to commit to this requirement.
- Letter of Recommendation/Representation: Volunteer's can be issued a 'Letter of Recommendation/Representation' of any nature, after a minimum of 3 months of regular volunteering has been achieved. RMHC VIC & TAS would like to make this aware to the public who are applying to volunteer for Visa or other purposes. In any instance, it will be at the discretion of the Volunteer Coordinator to issue this.
- Compliance: All successful applicants must adhere to important RMHC VIC & TAS compliance documentation including online and in person training, and applicable hospital compliance. Volunteer applicants for RMHC Family Rooms will be required to adhere to hospital compliance. upon successful appointment.
- WWCC/WWVP: Victorian volunteers must hold a valid Working With Children's Check (WWCC). Tasmanian volunteers must hold a Working With Vulnerable People Check (WWVP). These are free to obtain.
- Crim Check: All successful applicants must have undergo an initial Crim Check (Police Check). RMHC VIC & TAS is able to accept checks that have been processed within the last 12 months. Please note that the charity incurs a cost in order to process volunteer Crim Checks. Ensure that you are able to commit to volunteering before proceeding to apply to volunteer, to avoid unnecessary costs to the charity.
- Ongoing: Volunteers are required to renew certain compliance items as they expire.
For general enquires please email: firstname.lastname@example.org