Assist the Wildlife Caregivers and Ambassador Handlers with the feeding, cleaning, maintenance, and enrichment of our ambassador birds (birds kept in captivity who are unable to be released back into the wild). Ambassador Caregivers ensure that our ambassador birds lead comfortable and interesting lives.
This position is ideal for people who care about animals, but would prefer not to work with wildlife in recovery. Please note that it involves mostly outdoor work, in all weather conditions.
- At least 18 years of age and able to work without direct supervision
- Able to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 16 hours per month (in 4-8 hour shifts) for at least 4 months
- MARS membership -- annual membership fee $10 for seniors/students, $15 for individuals, and $25 for families
- Able to provide proof of current Tetanus vaccination
- Able to provide proof of full COVID vaccination
- Willing to submit to Criminal Record Check