Housekeeping Volunteer - Casual/On-Call
Assist with hospital maintenance and cleaning, including tending laundry, washing dishes, scrubbing kennels, sweeping, mopping, and disinfecting surfaces. Housekeeping Volunteers may also help with food preparation and enrichment for the animals if desired.
This position is ideal for people who don't mind cleaning and organizing, but are not able to commit to the minimum hours necessary for the other hospital roles or would prefer no direct contact with wildlife. Housekeeping volunteers are essential for the operation of our Wildlife Hospital.
This is a casual/on-call position -- When we need extra support in the hospital (particularly during the busy summer season) we will send an email to everyone on the on-call list to see who is available to help out over the next few days. You are also welcome to sign up for regular housekeeping shifts if preferred.
- At least 18 years of age and able to work without direct supervision
- MARS membership -- annual membership fee $10 for seniors/students, $15 for individuals, and $25 for families
- Able to provide proof of current Tetanus vaccination
- Able to provide proof of full COVID vaccination
- Willing to submit to Criminal Record Check