The volunteer office assistant is responsible to provide administrative support to the office administrator by greeting all visitors to the office or calling on the phone. Additionally, the volunteer office assistant relays information to visitors as requested. We are looking for approximately 3 hours a week of your time and expertise. Volunteer must be flexible and adapt to a dynamic work environment.
There is a lot of flexibility in terms of when you will be scheduled.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs a definite asset
- Specific experience dealing with frontline inquiries
- A friendly calm manner when dealing with customers
- Well organized and a demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Work well as part of a team
- Answer questions and assist customers to the office as required
- Answer phones calls in an appropriate and friendly manner
- Transfer calls to correct local numbers
- Write down messages as required and deliver to the appropriate persons
- Preparing name tags or mailing labels
- Data entry as assigned
- Posting Pride events on external websites / posting dates and meetings on Google Calendar / updating office documents
For more information on this role, please contact email@example.com