Ward Volunteers. Vacancies
Volunteer will assist staff on hospital wards with general non-clinical duties and as directed by staff.
Support includes directing visitors to patients and answering queries of a general nature; helping at meal times, making beverages, providing comfort, tidying patient room, lounge, kitchen, talking with patients etc.
Volunteers may also support with some activities that aim at enhancing patient comfort and experience. Activities such as bingo, afternoon movie, knitting club, etc. The role and responsibilities vary depending on the needs of each ward. For example, our rehabilitation wards may need support more support in running activities.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in customer service
- Demonstrates a friendly, warm and caring manner
- Ability to listen effectively and communicate clearly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Awareness of the need to seek assistance when issues are outside the boundaries of the role
- Able to mingle with other cultures