Volunteer Tour Guide
VOLUNTEER TOUR GUIDE
Volunteer Tour Guides are an important part of the team working to ensure the continuing success of MK Gallery, ensuring we deliver the best quality of visitor experience to all.
As a Volunteer Tour Guide, you will be warm and friendly, highly engaged in the arts and the work of MK Gallery and keen to share your knowledge and interest with our visitors. You will play an important part in shaping the visitor experience we provide.
- Work with the Exhibitions team to deliver exhibition tours, spotlight stories and introductory talks
- Help visitors get the most out of their experience by answering questions and sharing knowledge.
- Being comfortable speaking to crowds.
- Being comfortable managing crowds and help respect other visitors’ experience (making sure no door or passage is obstructed).
- Being an ambassador for MK Gallery and learn about the current exhibition.
- Help maintain a safe and secure environment.
- Treat all visitors, volunteers and staff with respect, impartiality and dignity.
- In the event of an emergency support the Fire Wardens with evacuation of the building.
WHY GET INVOLVED?
- Become a valued member of a team of volunteers and professionals who are passionate about delivering a world-class arts programme in the heart of Milton Keynes.
- Develop new skills or build upon existing customer service and communication skills.
- Gain experience volunteering in a gallery environment and learn about how we run our exhibitions and events.
- Be invited to private exhibition tours with artists and curators prior to opening new exhibitions.
- Enjoy a 50% discount off of food and beverages at the MK Gallery Café Bar.