Our park volunteers work on practical conservation, gardening and maintenance tasks across our parks and countryside sites.
By becoming a Urban Green Parks Volunteer you will be helping us to make sure that our parks are places that everyone can feel proud of. As a volunteer you will:
- Undertake gardening and general maintenance tasks
Every park has a ranger lead who will be your volunteer manager. They will direct you as to what tasks need doing as a priority within the park. They will ensure that you have the tools, knowledge, and training to undertake the task.
- Help others to enjoy the Park
We want everyone to enjoy our parks, and part of this role is to be a friendly face for the general public, answering questions that they might have.
- Act as the eyes and ears within the Park
We are a small staff team, so we rely on our volunteers and community partners to help us keep on top of any issues within the park. Within this role we would expect you to report any issues that you see within the park to the lead ranger.
Who would this role suit?
We are looking for people who are:
- Enthusiastic about working outdoors across the seasons.
- Happy to be part of a team and learn new skills.
- Interested in horticulture and the natural world.