The Meadows - Palliative Care Associate
The volunteer supplies that extra pair of “helping hands” that add to the trained services of the long-term care facility staff working together to enhance the lives of residents.
Volunteer role includes:
- Offer one to one visiting and socialization.
- Deliver and offer comfort items to patient and family
- Sitting with palliative clients to visit, play games or read to them
- Hands on assistance with activities, such as letter writing, cards, scrap booking
- Be respectful of confidentiality in all interactions.
- Prayers and scripture readings with patients permission
- Communicate with Palliative Care Coordinator for connection with additional supports
Shift times will vary depending on the need of the clients.
Must complete Palliative Care Training Program per Palliative Care Coordinator.
Must be comfortable with patients at end of life.
Ability to function in an emotionally stressful environment.
Comfortable in a health care setting, accepting and open minded.
Volunteer Coordinator will complete the volunteer registration process.
Palliative Care Coordinator will provide Palliative Care Volunteer Training, on site orientation/training, roles of volunteer and boundaries, dying process.