Thank you for your interest in volunteering with HIAS in New York!
Volunteers are invaluable in helping to welcome refugees and asylum seekers as they begin their lives as new Americans.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW TO BECOME A HIAS VOLUNTEER:
1) Click fill in an application to create a volunteer profile with HIAS
2) Scroll down to register for an upcoming Volunteer Information Session Webinar
3) Still interested in volunteering? Fill out a full Volunteer Application.
4) We will review your application and may invite you to an in-person interview at HIAS' office in midtown Manhattan
5) if qualified, we will match you with a volunteer opportunity!
*Please note that volunteers who will work directly with our clients will be required to undergo an online criminal background check*
6) Complete HIAS' volunteer training(s) and review our online resources to prepare you for your role
YOU'RE A HIAS VOLUNTEER!
HIAS rescues people whose lives are in danger for being who they are. We protect the most vulnerable refugees, helping them build new lives and reuniting them with their families in safety and freedom. Guided by our Jewish values and history, we bring more than 130 years of expertise to our work with refugees.