Distribution Volunteer Activity Description
Objective: Santa Fe County has a high number of residents who have limited access to full-service grocery stores that offer the fresh produce and affordable foods necessary to maintain a healthy diet. The Food Depot offers a biweekly food pantry program, seeking to eliminate hunger in our local community. This program was born out of a great need stemming from COVID. This program provides an avenue by which nutritious food can be provided free of charge to families and individuals in need. Providing this much needed food improves the health and lives of the most vulnerable people of Northern New Mexico, many of them seniors and children.
Location: 1222 A Siler Road, Santa Fe, NM 87507
Supervisor: Volunteer Coordinator, Amanda Bregel
- Greet and welcome every person in every car or walkup guest, especially during registration.
- Register each car with number of households and family members in those households.
- Hand out flyers for next distribution and alternative MFPs or distributions, as well as any other announcements and updates.
- Traffic Control to ensure that cars are driving through correct path.
- Engage with clients respectfully to answer any/all questions, as needed.
- Place prepacked food or produce into vehicles for guests, according to number of households.
- Clear and effective communicator
- Ability to respect the client relationship in communicating and privacy
- Flexible schedule
- Excellent customer service skills
- Bilingual/biliterate is encouraged, but not required
Dress Code: Closed-toed, non-slip shoes; clean long pants or shorts (depending on the elements) and The Food Depot logoed sleeved shirts.
Time Commitment: One shift or more a month. Shifts are typically 2.5 hours.
Schedule Intervals: Distributions are every other Thursday morning from 6:30 – 9 AM.