Warehouse Volunteer Job Description
Objective: Volunteers at The Food Depot warehouse primarily evaluate the quality of donated food and repack food purchased in bulk into smaller packages. Both of these activities prepare food acquired by The Food Depot for distribution to people in need.
Location: 1222 A Siler Road, Santa Fe, NM 87507
Supervisor: Volunteer Coordinator, Pauline Montoya, or Volunteer Program Manager, Steven Bolin
- Evaluating the quality of donated and bulk purchased foods
- Sorting donated food
- Repackaging bread, produce, and bulk dry goods
- Packaging pantry and produce bag/boxes
- Repackaging donated and purchased diapers
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Sure-footed and able to stand for an entire 2.5-hour shift
- Ability to complete repetitive motions, bend, lift and twist
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to accept guidance and instructions from staff
Dress Code: Closed-toed, non-slip shoes; clean long pants or shorts (depending on the task) and The Food Depot logoed sleeved shirts; hair pulled back into a hairnet, excessive or dangly jewelry removed.
Time Commitment: One or more shifts a month.
Schedule Intervals: Shifts are daily, M-F, either 9 – 11:30 AM (Morning Shift) or 1:30 – 4 PM (Afternoon Shift).