Role Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Reconciling the charity’s Triodos bank account in Xero in order to produce quarterly VAT returns and monthly updates to the Trustees on income and expenses.
- In addition to BACs payments in / out we also have a charity debit card to make payments.
- Staff and volunteer expenses are processed through Receipt Bank.
- Currently these are all very low volumes <20/month across all channels.
2) Set-up and manage monthly PAYE for our staff - currently one staff member, likely to be two in near future.
3) Prepare quarterly VAT returns for the charity - we are now VAT registered and have our first submission due at the end of October.
About Protect Our Winters UK
Protect Our Winters UK is a charity formed to educate and support UK outdoor sports communities to mobilise and take positive action on climate change, starting with snowsports.
We do this by engaging individuals and organisations through their snowsports livelihoods and passions. We educate them on the risks of climate change and support them to take effective action.
Who we’re looking for
The POW Accounts Manager will have recent and relevant work managing accounts for a small business or charity.
Ideally experience of working with Xero and HMRC’s PAYE and VAT systems.
They will have experience working on their own initiative and taking ownership of a project or task but happy to ask for help when required
A personal commitment to the mission and values of Protect Our Winters and a drive to support others to take effective action
What you’ll get in return
Access to POW UK volunteer discounts/perks
References and valuable experience within the third sector
Support from a passionate team and access to POW events
Time commitment for this role is expected to be around 2-3 hours per week, however this can fluctuate depending on the season and upcoming events.
How to Apply
Sound like the role for you? Please click "Fill in an application" to the right. If your skills match what we need to succeed in the role, you’ll then be asked to complete a phone interview to find out more.
Thanks for your time and we hope to hear from you soon.