QA Test Lead
Role Tasks & Responsibilities
Working closely with other POW web team volunteers and staff to implement improvements to our digital infrastructure including a rebrand and the expansion of our POW Climate Pledge.
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking an experienced QA Lead responsible for for ensuring the quality of our digital infrastructure as move to a new JAMstack architecture.
You will be a detail orientated, organised and bring solid practical experience of implementing QA best practices on digital delivery.
Mostly importantly you will have experience working on your own initiative, of taking ownership of a project or task as part of a team and a hunger to learn & share knowledge.
Obviously a personal commitment to the mission and values of Protect Our Winters and a drive to support others to take effective action is also really important.
- Define Testing Standards, Strategies and Plans
- Lead the QA function and ideally help grow the team
- Manage risks and defect triage
- Work with the team to improve delivery processes
- Writing and running test plans
- Pairing with other team members to share knowledge and ensure features are delivered to a high standard.
Skills and Qualifications
- Solid understanding of modern QA tools, practices and standards
- Appreciation of A11Y Standards and how to test to them
- Experience of security and performance testing using open source tools
- Knowledge of how to interact with REST & GraphQL APIs
- Proficient understanding of GIT
- Extensive experience writing test scripts and plans
- Experience of TDD & BDD and Visual testing
- CI/CD & automated testing using Storybook, Selenium, Cypress, Playwright, Cucumber or similar a bonus.
Technologies in New Architecture
Chromatic / Applitools / Checkly
Jest / Cypress / Jest / Pupeteer / Playwright
Headless CMS like Sanity.io
Snipcart / Shopify / Big Commerce
Stripe & Paypal
Vercel / Netlify / Heroku / Azure
Headless CMS / Wordpress / Github
MailChimp / eSputnik / Amazon SES
Agile / Lean / Lean UX
What you’ll get in return
- The ability to to work with a great team and the chance to help shape our global digital strategy
- Experience delivering a migration to JAMstack and building on some cutting edge technology
- References and valuable experience within the third sector
- Support from a passionate team and access to POW events
- Access to POW UK volunteer discounts/perks
We have a fairly big backlog. It's really up to you and what you are able to provide. We will work with you to prioritise workloads JIRA to fit the team's availability.
Thanks for your time and we hope to hear from you soon! Apply with the link to the right.