Automated Test Engineer
Role Tasks & Responsibilities
Working closely with other POW web team volunteers and staff to implement improvements to our digital infrastructure including a rebrand and the expansion of our POW Climate Pledge.
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking an experienced automated test engineer to help ensure the quality of our digital infrastructure as move to a new JAMstack architecture. You will be a detail orientated, organised and bring solid practical experience of implementing automated test frameworks.
Mostly importantly you will have experience working on your own initiative, of taking ownership of a project or task as part of a team and a hunger to learn & share knowledge.
Obviously a personal commitment to the mission and values of Protect Our Winters and a drive to support others to take effective action is also really important.
- Designing and developing test automation frameworks & scripts.
- Defining and using test automation guidelines
- Identifying & researching issues in software through testing
- Collaborating with and mentoring the wider team to delivery practical high quality solutions
- Keeping updated with the latest industry developments & recommending solutions
- Working with the team to build and reuse unit, cases, stubs, drivers and other objects.
Skills and Qualifications
- Solid understanding of modern automated web testing tools, practices and standards
- Appreciation of A11Y Standards and how to test to them
- Experience of security and performance testing using open source tools
- Knowledge of how to interact with REST a& GraphQL
- Proficient understanding of GIT
- CI/CD & automated testing using Storybook, Selenium, Cypress, Playwright, Cucumber et al.
Technologies in New Architecture
Chromatic / Applitools / Checkly
Jest / Cypress / Jest / Pupeteer / Playwright
Headless CMS like Sanity.io
Snipcart / Shopify / Big Commerce
Stripe & Paypal
Vercel / Netlify / Heroku / Azure
Headless CMS / Wordpress / Github
MailChimp / eSputnik / Amazon SES
Agile / Lean / Lean UX
What you’ll get in return
- The ability to to work with a great team and the chance to help shape our global digital strategy
- Experience delivering a migration to JAMstack and building on some cutting edge technology
- References and valuable experience within the third sector
- Support from a passionate team and access to POW events
- Access to POW UK volunteer discounts/perks
We have a fairly big backlog. It's really up to you and what you are able to provide. We will work with you to prioritise workloads JIRA to fit the team's availability.
How to Apply
Use the link to the right.
If your skills match what we need to succeed in the role, you’ll then be asked to complete a phone / zoom interview to find out more.
Thanks for your time and we hope to hear from you soon!