Emergency Disaster Responders - SATERN Radio User
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Utilize the Salvation Army Team Emergency Radio Network (SATERN) to communicate with other networks
- Transmit welfare inquires from friends and family members who are trying to reach loved ones in disaster areas.
- All team members are responsible for cleaning and maintaining the SAEDS garage and canteen.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- able to lift 20 - 30 pounds
- Completed the necessary applications
- Be able to pass a background check
- Licensed Amateur Radio Operators
Roster and Time Commitment: Any time there is a disaster, you should be available 24/7 in case there is a situation where the Emergency Disaster Team needs to go to help.
Training /Support: Training required in Emergency Disaster Services and SATERN Radio usage.