Emergency Disaster Responders - Canteen Driver
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The canteen driver will drive the canteen to and from disaster sights and is responsible to fill the canteen up with gas on the way back from a site so the canteen is ready for the next trip out.
- They are also responsible to learn the information required about the canteen and how things should operate on it.
- Fill out trip sheets after a disaster including volunteer hours, number of items served, and generator time used.
- When needed, help serve food and hydration to those who are responding to the disaster.
- Help provide emotional and spiritual care by providing a listening ear or praying with those who had a traumatic experience.
- All team members are responsible for cleaning and maintaining the SAEDS garage and canteen.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Able to lift 20 - 30 pounds
- Completed the necessary applications
- Pass a background check
- Canteen drivers are NOT required to have a CDL license
- Driver's training and basic Emergency Disaster Services training will be required as well.
Roster and time Commitment: Any time there is a disaster, you should be available 24/7 in case there is a situation where the Emergency Disaster Team needs to go to help.
Training /Support: We'll provide both group and 1 on 1 training to familiarize drivers with canteen electrical systems, generator operation, driving techniques, and positioning strategies while on scene.