Department - Facilities and Maintenance - Gardening Volunteer
Role purpose: We are looking for volunteers passionate about horticulture and gardening to support the Grounds Manager in making sure that our historic gardens and grounds are maintained to a high standard. Our gardens and grounds are enjoyed by the children and young people who live and to go to school here, their families and other visitors and our staff who work here.
Help us keep them looking beautiful all year round.
Location: Tadworth Court, Tadworth, Surrey, KT20 5RU
Time commitment: Minimum 4 hours a week (flexible)
What will the role involve?
- The role is hands on and you’ll be passionate and enthused about a varied role.
- Developing and enhancing the grounds using a range of horticultural skills including mowing, trimming, weeding, planting and watering.
- Assisting with Corporate Challenges.
- Interacting with both staff, parents and children who use the site.
- Help with setting up events when needed.
What skills and experience will you need?
- A passion or interest in gardening or horticulture
- Basic level of gardening skills desirable
- A 'can do' and a fun positive attitude.
- Experience of working on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Adaptability and flexibility
What can this role offer you?
- References for any future job
- Volunteer Certificate and recognition of thanks
- Local travel and lunch expenses will be paid in line with our policy
- Develop skills in gardening, grounds maintenance and machine operation.
- Working as part of a team.
- The outdoor life (plenty of fresh air!)
- Ongoing support
How to apply:
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon