What is Mediation?
- An opportunity to discuss your case and resolve it without a public trial. A trained mediator will help all parties try to reach a fair settlement agreement.
Who are the Mediators?
- Community Action Partnership’s Mediators are volunteers who are trained and certified in conflict resolution and mediation.
What do the Mediators do?
- Mediators ask questions about your case and what is important to you; help everyone understand the strengths and weaknesses of their case; and record an agreement that is fair to both parties.
- Mediators do not give legal advice.
- Mediators do not decide who wins/loses the case.