Royal Bulls Head Inn - Collection Care Volunteer
Collection Care Volunteers are involved with caring for the Inn’s collection items, ensuring they are cleaned, and presented appropriately and reporting any damage or theft to our valuable collection.
If you are a person who is interested to learn more about the heritage of early Toowoomba, and who enjoys working independently and also in a team environment, please apply for this role.
WHAT ARE THE TASKS?
- Working as part of the friendly Collection Care team, your duties will involve ensuring the Inn and its special collection are presented at their best; being clean and tidy, engaging and interesting.
- Assisting with housekeeping of the Inn and the collection, cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, window cleaning when required and washing the curtains once a year.
- You will be provided with a fact sheet and training to assist you with collection care duties.
- In this interesting role, you will also be a true all-rounder. We may request that you help out with other duties around the property as may be required, assisting with duties such as guest service, educational activities, general cleanliness and tidiness and other tasks.
WHAT SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS DO I NEED?
- An interest in learning more about the heritage of this property and its collection.
- A flexible and positive attitude, willing to chip in and assist as may be required to help your colleagues.
- Physically capable.
- Ability to clean, dust, vacuum and polish and overall general good housekeeping skills.
- Agree to comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Be computer literate with access to email communications.
- Be committed to delivering the values and supporting the causes of NTAQ.
WHEN CAN I VOLUNTEER?
When the Heritage Site Coordinator is on-site Wednesdays and Thursdays 9.30-3.30.