Royal Bulls Head Inn - Education Program Support Volunteer
Education Program Support Volunteers are involved with welcoming students of all ages and nationalities to the Royal Bull’s Head Inn. Be part of the inspirational team who engage with students on a tailored educational program and share interesting facts and stories about the property history and collection items, answer questions and help students to get the maximum enjoyment from their visit.
If you are person who has a warm and welcoming nature with exceptional interpersonal skills, can work independently as well as in a team environment, then please apply for this role. We would love to have you join our team of amazing volunteers.
WHAT ARE THE TASKS?
- Working as part of Educational Immersive Program, you will support the Education Coordinator, become familiar with the various elements of the Educational Program and showcase the history of the Inn and collection items.
- You will be provided with information and assistance to enable you to participate in the program and share stories of past eras to bring our vibrant history to life and create meaning in current times.
- Be prepared to share information about all aspects of history related to the property, including our First People’s history related to the property.
- Liaise and talk to the teachers and parents accompanying the students and answer general enquiries regarding the property history and items in the property collection. Our aim is to leave both our teachers and students with a sense of appreciation of our heritage and its value.
- This role will also require that you help out with other duties around the property as may be required, assisting with duties such as guest service, general cleanliness and tidiness and other tasks.
WHAT SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS DO I NEED?
- Be comfortable with talking to students from all walks of life in a friendly and welcoming manner.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including basic problem solving.
- Be polite, diplomatic and have an engaging communication style.
- Have an understanding of safety and be prepared to follow all required criteria.
- Physically capable and comfortable to be on your feet for the duration of the visit, usually 3.5 hours.
- Agree to comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Be computer literate with access to email communications.
- Be committed to deliver the values and support the causes of NTAQ.
WHEN CAN I VOLUNTEER?
Shifts: Variable. There are no confirmed dates these are based on School bookings coordinated by the Education Coordinator, generally the hours are 8.45am to 1.00pm.