Royal Bulls Head Inn - Events Volunteer
The Royal Bull’s Head Inn Events and Function Volunteers are involved with supporting the events and functions that occur with the bus groups and a variety of public special days at the Inn. From welcoming guests of all ages and nationalities to the Inn to assisting in preparing and setting up for function to cleaning up afterwards also including answering questions and helping our guests to get the maximum enjoyment from their visit.
If you are person who has a warm and welcoming nature with exceptional interpersonal skills, can work independently as well as in a team environment, then please apply for this role. We would love to have you join our team of amazing volunteers.
WHAT ARE THE TASKS?
- Working as part of a small team of friendly Volunteers, you will be involved in supporting the Events team and take instructions from the Heritage Site Coordinator.
- Duties may include the following : welcoming visitors, serving Devonshire teas, setting and clearing tables, flower arranging, kitchen duties – washing up and packing away crockery and cutlery.
- You will be provided with information and assistance to enable you to understand the requirements of what is needed to achieve a safe and happy workplace for any event on the property.
- We also request that you chip in and help out with other duties around the property as may be required, assisting with duties such as guest service, general cleanliness and tidiness and other tasks.
WHAT SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS DO I NEED?
- Have a sense of fun and be comfortable with talking to people from all walks of life in a friendly and welcoming manner.
- Good communication skills including basic problem solving.
- Be polite, diplomatic and have an engaging communication style.
- Physically capable and able to follow safety directions.
- An understanding of serving teas, setting tables and general housekeeping.
- Agree to comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Be computer literate with access to email communications.
- Be committed to deliver the values and support the causes of NTAQ.
WHEN CAN I VOLUNTEER?
- Host at the regular bus group visits - the first and third Thursday of each month.
- Host on Special Occasion Days: Other days throughout the year such as Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, Carnival of Flowers and special High Teas. Hosting duties for these events are as needed, with notification provided generally weeks to months in advance.