Some Responsibilities Might Include:
- Transport clients to outside activities or events. (I.e.: community events, special outings, group activities and appointments)
- Work collaboratively with the Coordinator of Volunteers, to confirm the transportation scheduling of individuals in the vehicles.
- Develop the most efficient route to follow when transporting passengers.
- Work collaboratively with the Coordinator of Volunteers to respond to other special driving requests.
- Ensure passengers obey all rules and regulations while end route in the vehicle (guidelines for passengers are provided to all individuals).
Requirements and qualifications:
- Current valid G-Class Ontario driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automotive equipment.
- Clean driving record – Driver’s Abstract is required.
- Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector screen is required.
- Previous experience driving passengers is an asset.
- Previous customer service experience is an asset.
- Lived experience of mental health/addictions is an asset.