SHARE Special Events - Special Project - Bagging
Thousands of families count on SHARE each month for affordable, nutritious groceries that are sold through volunteer-run locations throughout the Washington metropolitan area.
Join us to bag dry food items such as potatoes, rice, and onions in preparation for our monthly food distribution. This is a great service opportunity for families, teens, and groups of volunteers! Join us for an experience that is fun and rewarding while making a difference in your community.
- High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver.
- Helpful and cooperative with a calm demeanor
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment
- Able to stand for ~3 hours and lift ~20 pounds at a time
- Wear tennis shoes or work boots
- Present proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. Your vaccination card or a photo of the vaccination card will suffice. Required; effective September 19, 2021.
Safety Measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19:
- Register online for a shift
- Wear mask or face cover – bring your own
- Wear gloves (provided)
- Wash hands after signing in and before handling food
- Follow staff/safety monitor’s instructions
- SHARE Warehouse, 3222 Hubbard Road Landover, MD 20785
- Parking is available at the warehouse, park near the office entrance
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Thursday, September 28, 2023||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|Thursday, October 05, 2023||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|Thursday, October 12, 2023||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|Thursday, October 19, 2023||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|Thursday, November 02, 2023||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|Thursday, November 09, 2023||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|Thursday, November 30, 2023||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|Thursday, December 07, 2023||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|