SHARE - SHARE: Pre-Stage for Food Distribution
Thousands of families count on SHARE each month for affordable, nutritious groceries that are sold through volunteer-run locations throughout the Washington metropolitan area.
Join us to help prepare for our monthly food distribution. Volunteers will assure the accuracy of food orders from community groups, box food orders, and assemble food packages. This is a great service opportunity for teens and groups of volunteers! Join us for an experience that is fun and rewarding while making a difference in your community.
- High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver.
- Helpful and cooperative with a calm demeanor
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment
- Able to stand for ~3 hours and lift ~20 pounds at a time
- Wear tennis shoes or work boots
- Present proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. Your vaccination card or a photo of the vaccination card will suffice.
Safety Measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19:
- Register online for a shift
- Wear mask or face cover – bring your own
- Wear gloves (provided)
- Wash hands after signing in and before handling food
- Occupy a marked space, maintain physical distance
- Follow staff/safety monitor’s instructions
- SHARE Warehouse, 3222 Hubbard Road Landover, MD 20785
- Parking is available at the warehouse. Park near the office entrance
Bela Pinkney-Gadelha (she,her)
Volunteer Manager | Volunteer Engagement Office
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington
(office) 202.519.2118 | (cell) 202.878.1152
- Are you 16 or older? If not, will you be accompanied by an adult? Must be at least Yes, I will be accompanied by an adult
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Wednesday, March 22, 2023||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|Thursday, March 23, 2023||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|Wednesday, April 19, 2023||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|Thursday, April 20, 2023||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|