Property Visitor Volunteers are involved with welcoming guests of all ages and nationalities, hosting guests and sharing interesting facts and stories about the property history and collection items, answering questions and helping our guests to get the maximum enjoyment from their visit.
If you are a person with a warm and welcoming nature, can work independently but also in a team environment and have exceptional interpersonal skills then please apply for this role.
WHAT ARE THE TASKS?
- Sharing your passion for history with our guests.
- Working as part of a small team you will welcome our guests to showcase the Temple and the Museum premises, history and collection items.
- You will be provided with information and assistance to enable you to share stories of past eras to bring our vibrant history to life and create meaning in current times.
- Be prepared to share information about all aspects of history related to the property.
- Liaise and talk to members of the public – answering general enquiries regarding the property history and items in the property collection and leaving our visitors with a sense of appreciation of our heritage and its value.
- We also request that you help out with other duties around the property as may be required, assisting with duties such as guest service, general cleanliness and tidiness and other tasks.
WHAT SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS DO I NEED?
- Be comfortable with talking to people from all walks of life in a friendly and welcoming manner.
- Good communication skills including basic problem solving.
- Be polite, diplomatic and have an engaging communication style.
- Be physically capable.
- Capability to adapt to change and willingness to participate in and keep up to date with training requirements.
- Agree to comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Have basic computer literacy to use the volunteer software and agree to access company communications.
- Be committed to deliver the values and support the causes of NTAQ.
WHEN CAN I VOLUNTEER?
Whenever the Temple and Museum are open, currently Tuesday to Saturday from 10am to 2 pm.