Food Pantry - Food Pantry Assistant
Join us in welcoming and directing clients to our food pantry. Volunteers will check the client forms, help distribute goods and ensure clients get the correct items.
The Food Pantry Assistant will will greet clients and explain how the food pantry operates. Duties include, but are not limited to, qualifying shoppers, assisting in collecting food, bagging groceries, and stocking shelves.
Our Food Pantry hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 3:00pm.
- 18 years or older
- Must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Possess effective communication abilities
- Friendly personality and smile
- Must be able to comfortably lift cases of food (30+lbs)
- Reliable, professional and friendly
- Pass initial screening process
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Alcohol, drugs and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army Facilities or volunteer sites
Pants and shirts must cover the waistband. Flip flops, shorts, tank tops, undershirts, or halter tops, sleeveless shirts, crop tops, spaghetti straps and strapless tops are not permitted. Shoes must be closed toe. Transparent, tight or form fitting clothes are not permitted.
Off Street Parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please complete the online application by clicking the “Sign Up” button.
For additional information call 815-972-1135 or email Debby Brown at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- How much can you lift comfortably? Must be at least 20 lbs.