Thank you for checking out the volunteer program with the National Music Centre. Please read through the message below for updates and important information about our opportunities for volunteers. We sincerely hope you complete and submit an application to join our team!
About the National Music Centre
The National Music Centre (NMC) is a charitable organization with a mission to amplify the love, sharing, and understanding of music. Studio Bell, our building and home, provides Canada with a dedicated space in which we celebrate and honour Canada’s remarkable musical history, our place on the international stage, our future, and so much more. As a museum, NMC has a collection of over 2000 historical and notable artifacts, and we are the proud stewards of the Canadian Music Hall of Fame, Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame, Canadian Country Music Hall of Fame, and ADISQ Quebec Hall of Fame - l’Association québécoise de l’industrie du disque, du spectacle et de la video!
The Volunteer Program
NMC relies on volunteers to support public programming and events, enhance development, expand community outreach, and be ambassadors of our collections and exhibitions in our stunning gallery spaces. The NMC Volunteer Program is a cornerstone in furthering NMC’s mission to amplify the love, sharing and understanding of music and realizing our vision to be a national catalyst for discovery, innovation, and renewal through music.
Time commitment: Due to the time needed to complete orientation and required training, volunteers should be able to commit to a minimum of 6 months, or preferably 1 year or more, with an average of one 4-hour shift/month once orientation/training is completed.
Volunteer positions include:
- Visitor Support and Museum Steward
- Education Program Support and Jam Club
- Events (with in-house training)
- Handyperson and Project Assistant
- Marketing and Street Team
- Collections and Exhibitions volunteer (available depending on skill set and experience of volunteer)
- Please note: Volunteer roles are museum-focused and involve mainly public-facing duties on museum days, events, and special activations at Studio Bell. Volunteers are not involved in tech/sound/stage production, nor administration.
Thank you for considering the National Music Centre as a place to share your skills and time!