Maintenance - Facilities Assistant
Are you looking for an opportunity to help with maintaining the cleanliness of The Salvation Army? Help us create a clean, safe, and attractive environment for everyone who enters our doors.
The Facilities Assistant will help keep our location clean, safe, and attractive so we can continue to provide services to our community. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning floors (sweeping or vacuuming)
- Emptying trash
- Setting up for events
- Completing general building maintenance as needed (landscaping, minor repairs, painting, etc)
Facilities assistant volunteers can have FLEXIBLE HOURS! Shifts are available Monday-Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
- 18 years or older
- Must be able to comfortably lift 30 pounds
- Reliable, professional, and hard working
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Dennise Hernandez at email@example.com or 773-434-0488 Ext 550.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- How much can you lift comfortably? Must be at least 30 lbs.
- Safe From Harm Training Level Completed Must be at least Video training
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 18 or older