Holiday Volunteer Opportunities - Driver
Be a part of serving the community by driving for The Salvation Army!
The Driver is a vital part of our Red Kettle Holiday activities which require the transportation of bell ringers to and from various locations. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Safely operate the vehicles
- Ensure timely transport of people
This opportunity is available Monday - Saturday from November 13th - December 24th. Volunteers are needed at 10:00AM to transport bell ringers from the Chicago Lawn Corps to their assigned locations, and at 6:00pm to transport bell ringers from their assigned locations to Chicago Lawn Corps.
We are open to both one-time and recurring assistance!
- 18 years or older
- Passion for helping
- Experience and comfort in driving throughout the city
- High energy, poised demeanor, and friendly disposition
- Ability to relate to and work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Reliable, organized, and hard working
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check and Motor Vehicle Report
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities, volunteer sites, or while driving Salvation Army property.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Dennise Hernandez at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- Motor Vehicle Registry Approval Must be at least Cleared