Social Activity Companion (Aged Care Social Connections)
Social Activity Companion volunteers provide enriching company for clients and members who will benefit from someone dedicating time to spend with them. Providing companionship and conversation can boost clients wellbeing through social engagement.
This role is located in Frankston.
What will you do?
In this volunteer role you will support client’s wellbeing through the following activities:
- Spending dedicated time and providing companionship to clients
- Engaging clients in good conversation
- Assisting clients with participating in activities if they wish
- Assisting staff and clients with group outings and events
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Enjoy socialising and engaging and talking with all sorts of people
- Really LOVE to have a chat!
- Have a genuine interest in working with and supporting older people
- Have well-developed and adaptable interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a high level of patience, compassion and an understanding of challenges related to aging
- Are able to remain calm and patient around varying behaviours
- Have the ability to work well with others and take direction from staff
- Are willing to understand and uphold the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
To view a role description, click here.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Already a BSL Volunteer and want to apply?
Send us a resume via the link below to register your interest.
New to BSL? Apply via the link below.