Ames Service Center - Contactless Delivery Driver
You're help is essential --
Volunteers are needed to deliver food packages from our Food Pantry at the Ames Service Center to neighbors in need.
Delivery times are flexible based on volunteer availability. Substitute volunteers are needed as well.
COVID-19 safety recommendations are followed:
- We will continue to follow CDC and local health department guidelines to keep our guests, volunteers, and staff safe.
- Volunteers are encouraged to wear a wear a mask when making deliveries.
- Volunteers should practice social distancing while picking up delivery items and when dropping them off.
- If volunteers have been exposed to or test positive for COVID-19, or feel ill, they should call the Ames Service Center at 515-233-3567 and inform the staff answering the call. A substitute will be found.
- Have reliable transportation and be able to drive throughout Story County.
- Provide proof of insurance and a valid driver's license.
- Complete the volunteer application which includes a background check, our online Safe from Harm training and a (which must be completed prior to volunteering).
- Complete a volunteer orientation prior to making deliveries.
- Be comfortable carrying 15-30 pounds short distances.
Thank you for your consideration. If you have questions, please call 515-233-3567 or you can email email@example.com for assistance.