Expression of interest to become a Late Shows exhibition steward.
What is the Late Shows?
The Late Shows is a free late-night culture crawl in NewcastleGateshead on Friday 15 and Saturday 16 May 2020. Last year The Late Shows included over 70 daytime arts, culture and heritage venues staying open late for our Late Show visitors. During The Late Shows, museums, galleries, studio collectives and landmark historical buildings come together to offer visitors one-off events including hands-on workshops, behind-the-scenes tours, performances and parties.
We are looking, initially, for volunteers to express an interest to work as Volunteer event stewards around and near the Late Shows venues.
As a Late Show 2020 steward, you will represent The Late Shows by:
- Meeting and greeting visitors.
- Providing excellent customer service to The Late Shows visitors.
- Handing out programmes to visitors and an environmentally friendly alternative to the now obsolete late shows glow stick.
- Fielding questions from members of the public and knowing where to signpost them to, depending on their query.
- Giving directions to venues and bus stops (you'll be provided with a volunteer lanyard listing all the information you'll need)
- Chatting with visitors about other venues on the route that they may enjoy or even provide the information they need to plan their routes.
- Keeping the Late Shows event full of vitality and exciting for the public.
Late Shows Stewards are the public face of this amazing event and we can't do it without you!
It's all about encouraging people to do something cultural with their evening in celebration of the national event Museums at Night
Next thing to do:
Decide if you like to be part of this ever growing and successful, public event?
When the venues have been finalised we will ask if you have a preference for where you would like to volunteer. This will be offered closer to the weekend itself.
Schedule yourself in for a briefing/training/equipment giving session on Fri 8th May (at Discovery Museum). Reminders will be sent to you
There are 2 sessions on that day, choose which one suits you better.
At this briefing you will get to meet staff and Volunteers involved with the Late Shows, there will be a rundown of the Late Shows to date, a H&S talk, tips about public interaction and customer care plus the vital hand over of equipment and information packs.
|The Late Shows exhibition steward||2||5/15/2020||5/16/2020|