Do you have an amazing skill or love that you want to share? We would love to have you teach a class at one of our community centers! Karate, tai chi, fine arts, choir and more!
Program Leaders lead a specific program/activity/class in a group setting in a safe learning environment. The program/activity/class can range between arts, sports, fitness, education, etc. This position helps to extend the resources at the Center to better assist and direct the needs of our participants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead activities in a group setting
- Classes can range between art, sports, fitness, education, etc.
- Set-up/cleanup program area
- Provide a safe learning environment
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must submit to a criminal record background check prior to volunteering
- Be knowledgeable in the activity they will be leading
- Have accreditation or licensing as required
- Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
- At least once per week for several weeks - long term commitment preferred
- Classes are typically one to one and a half hours long