Dare-to-Care and Louisville Parks and Recreation have partnered together to reduce food insecurity in local youth through Kids' Café! The Kid's Café offers free, nutritious, hot meals to youth under age 18 at Louisville Parks and Recreation community centers.
Essential Volunteer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up for Kids Café service and serve the kids cafeteria style
- Ensure all kids sign-in
- Clean-up after including wiping tables and some light cleaning
- Must submit to a criminal record background check prior to volunteering
- Present a professional appearance and a friendly manner
- Be dependable and punctual
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public
- This is typically a 1.5 hour commitment, volunteers should arrive 15 minutes before the start of Kids Café for set-up, and to stay 15 minutes after to assist with clean-up.
- Volunteers are asked to serve a minimum of two days per month