Social Services - St. Paul Food Distribution Assistant
St. Paul Food Distribution Assistant:
Description of Position
As a Friday Food Distribution Assistant volunteer, you will assist with setting up tables, bringing in and sorting donated produce and bakery items and miscellaneous foodstuffs. Guests will have the opportunity to "shop" from the tables. You will also assist in cleaning up after guests have finished.
- Assist with breakfast clean up and moving of tables and chairs in dining room to accommodate food distribution
- Assist in bringing donated foodstuffs and produce from truck to distribution area
- Set up tables under supervision and direction and offer food items according to direction to guests
- Place newly arrived food items onto tables in appropriate areas as they are delivered
- Organize food, keeping them neat and orderly
- Check food packages and discard items and fresh produce that is beyond usability
- Greet guests as they arrive, and assist as needed
- Assist social workers as they request, in effort to best serve guests
- Interact with clients as they describe their nutritional needs, special diet considerations or ethnic-based food requests
- Assist with breakdown and clean up following Friday Food Distribution.
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Friendly disposition, suitable for interacting with guests
- Good sense of organization
- Able to be on feet for extended periods of time, up to three or four hours at a time
- Willingness to take directions; good team player with co-workers
- Willingness to maintain strict confidentiality of information regarding guests served
- Willingness to adhere to policies and practices of Salvation Army
*Because of the nature of interaction with our guests, you may need to complete a background check and take our safety training program Safe From Harm. This may be completed at our site online, or online at your leisure. For questions please contact us at 651-224-4316.
**Not available for court ordered community service hours**
Service learning hours needed for school is accepted.
- Confidentiality Agreement Must be at least Yes
- How much can you lift comfortably? Must be at least 30 lbs.
- Policies and Procedures Must be at least Yes
The next 10 shifts (out of 35 total shifts) for this activity are as follows
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Friday, April 27, 2018||9:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|Friday, May 04, 2018||9:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|Friday, May 11, 2018||9:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|Friday, May 18, 2018||9:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|Friday, May 25, 2018||9:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|Friday, June 01, 2018||9:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|Friday, June 08, 2018||9:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|Friday, June 15, 2018||9:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|Friday, June 22, 2018||9:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|Friday, June 29, 2018||9:00 AM||12:00 PM|