Combine your culinary interests, compassion for helping people and your love for children by volunteering with us as a Kitchen Assistant at Wonderland Camp in Wisconsin. As a Kitchen Assistant you will serve guests by providing clean dining rooms, serving food,and cleaning dishes plus assist in the food preparation area as requested by lead cooks
Primary Duties and Responsibilites
1. Set up dining rooms for guest arrival.
2. Serve food products as directed by lead cooks.
3. Ensure all dishes are washed and put into proper location.
4. Ensure the dining room and kitchen floors are swept and mopped.
5. Ensure salad bars and serving lines are cleaned and ready for use.
6. Assist cooks with food prep as directed.
7. See specific daily duties for each shift and make sure complete.
8. Clean and restock all bathrooms including floors, entry-way floors and glass.
9. Arrive as scheduled for work and depart from work when lead cook dismisses you.
10. All other duties assigned.
- Current high school student or high school diploma.
- Passion for helping others.
- Ability to sccept authority and work a flexible schedule.
- Experience handling food preferred, but not required.
- Professional, organized and reliable.
- Compassionate and enjoys working with diverse populations.
- Pass initial screening process.
Alcohol, drugs and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army Facilities or volunteer site.
Clothing must be respectful as you will be representing The Salvation Army.
This individual relates to and interacts with a wide variety of contacts, both within and outside The Salvation Army Wonderland Camp and Conference Center, including lead cooks. In these contacts, the Kitchen Assistant acts as a representative of the Army and its mission.
There are to be no visitors while at work and no distractiond during work time.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please complete the online application by clicking the “Sign Up” button.
If you have further questions please contact ?
Thank you again for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check