Relay For Life - Pack Out Role
VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
Role: Pack Out Role – Relay For Life
Reports to/Supported by: Community Events Coordinator
Direct Reports: None
Budget: No budget delegations
Purpose of Position
To assist with the packing out of Relay For Life
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Check in at information booth, and then with lead Operational Volunteer.
- Contact Cancer Society staff or security if any issues arise
- Duties will be varied, and could include, but not be limited to:
- Packing up and loading merchandice
- Packing up Cancer Society info booth
- Direct and controlling traffic on concourse
- Removing signage
- Removing site dressing and decoration
- Packing Storybooth and Candlebag decorating area
- Packing up Survivors and Careers Space
Relay For Life pack out runs efficiently and effectively.
- Fast-paced worker
- Willingness to take on a range of tasks
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment for Relay For Life, and for the Cancer Society
A short briefing pre-event, and commitment to at least a 2 hour shift at Relay For Life
- Volunteering Team, Fundraising Events Team Lead and Community Events Coordinator are available for support and guidance.
- An Online orientation to the Cancer Society and a mini orientation to the role.
Respect for the confidentiality of Cancer Society of New Zealand information and intellectual property is essential. Breaching this is considered serious misconduct.