Relay For Life - Volunteer Lounge Host
VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
Role: Volunteer Lounge Host – Relay For Life
Reports to/Supported by: Community Events Coordinator
Direct Reports: None
Budget: No budget delegations
Purpose of Position
To sign volunteers in and out of shift, provide them with all the equipment and information they need for their shift and to ensure refreshments are well stocked and maintained throughout the event for all volunteers.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Report to the Volunteer Lounge
- Check volunteers in and out for their shift
- Ensure people have all the information they need to perform their role and know where to go, break times etc if appropriate.
- Welcome people to the Lounge, and make sure the environment is inviting
- Assist in serving beverages and catering to volunteers
- Assist in making sure beverages and catering are stocked
- Keep Volunteer Lounge clean and tidy
- Assist with anything else requested by lead volunteer
The Survivors and Careers have a enjoyable experience at the Survivors and Careers Tea.
- Friendly manner
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment for Relay For Life, and for the Cancer Society
A short briefing pre-event, and commitment to at least a 2 hour shift at Relay For Life
Trentham Racecourse, with occasional meetings at the Cancer Society Wellington.
- Volunteering Team, Fundraising Events Team Lead and Community Events Coordinator are available for support and guidance.
- An Online orientation to the Cancer Society and a mini orientation to the role.
Respect for the confidentiality of Cancer Society of New Zealand information and intellectual property is essential. Breaching this is considered serious misconduct.