Relay For Life - Candelight Ceremony Set Up Role
VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
Role: Candlelight Ceremony Set Up Role – Relay For Life
Reports to/Supported by: Community Events Coordinator
Direct Reports: None
Budget: No budget delegations
Purpose of Position
To set up and take down candlebags for Candlelight Ceremony
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Check in at information booth, and then with lead Candlelight Ceremony Volunteer.
- Wear Cancer Society Hi-Vis vest at all times
- Collect candlebags from candlebag decorating area
- Set up candlebags for Ceremony, as per Cancer Society staff instructions, and turn candles on
- Gather candlebags at end of Ceremony, and switch off candle
- Empty sand and bag containers and candle, and line up candlebags in an orderly fashion for participants to collect
Candlebags set up as planned for Candlelight Ceremony, and removed and tidied after Ceremony.
- Fast-paced worker
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment for Relay For Life, and for the Cancer Society
A short briefing pre-event, and commitment to at least a 2 hour shift at Relay For Life
Trentham Racecourse, with occasional meetings at the Cancer Society Wellington.
- Volunteering Team, Fundraising and Events Team Lead and Community Events Coordinator are available for support and guidance.
- An Online orientation to the Cancer Society and a mini orientation to the role.
Respect for the confidentiality of Cancer Society of New Zealand information and intellectual property is essential. Breaching this is considered serious misconduct.