Relay For Life - Pack in Role
VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
Role: Pack In Role – Relay For Life
Reports to/Supported by: Community Events Coordinator
Direct Reports: None
Budget: No budget delegations
Purpose of Position
To assist with the packing in of Relay For Life
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Check in at information booth, and then with lead Operational Volunteer.
- Lead Operational Volunteer to conduct Health and Safety inductions with all teams
- Contact Cancer Society staff or security if any issues arise
- Duties will be varied, and could include, but not be limited to:
- Unloading and setting up merchandice
- Setting up Cancer Society info booth
- Directing teams to their sites on arrival
- Direct and controlling traffic at the venue
- Setting up signage
- Site dressing and decoration
- Setting up Storybooth and Candlebag decorating area
- Setting up Survivors and Careers Space
Relay For Life pack in runs efficiently and effectively.
- Fast-paced worker
- Willingness to take on a range of tasks
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment for Relay For Life, and for the Cancer Society
A short briefing pre-event, and commitment to at least a 2 hour shift at Relay For Life
Trentham Racecourse, with occasional meetings at the Cancer Society Wellington.
- Volunteering Team, Fundraising Event Team Lead and Community Events Coordinator are available for support and guidance.
- An Online orientation to the Cancer Society and a mini orientation to the role.
Respect for the confidentiality of Cancer Society of New Zealand information and intellectual property is essential. Breaching this is considered serious misconduct.