Walking Stars - Tea and Coffee
Purpose of Position
To assist in operating the tea and coffee station at Walking Stars
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Setting up tea and coffee station for participants after race
- Keeping station stocked and tidy
- Congratulating participants as they arrive, and assisting them with refreshments if necessary
- Keeping rubbish contained
The refreshment station at Walking Stars is stocked, tidy and welcoming
- Good public relation skills/friendly manner
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment for Walking Stars, and for the Cancer Society
A short briefing pre-event, and commitment to at least a 2 hour shift at Walking Stars
Waitangi Park, with occasional meetings at the Cancer Society Wellington.
- Volunteering Team, Events Development Coordinator and Community Events Coordinator are available for support and guidance.
- An Online orientation to the Cancer Society and a mini orientation to the role.
Respect for the confidentiality of Cancer Society of New Zealand information and intellectual property is essential. Breaching this is considered serious misconduct.