Relay For Life - Survivors and Careers Tea Host
VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
Role: Survivors and Careers Tea Hosts – Relay For Life
Reports to/Supported by: Community Events Coordinator
Direct Reports: None
Budget: No budget delegations
Purpose of Position
To assist with running the Survivors and Careers Tea and Lounge
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Check in at information booth, and then with lead Survivors and Careers Tea volunteer.
- Contact Cancer Society staff or security if any issues arise
- Welcome people to the Tea, and make sure the environment is inviting
- Provide survivors and careers with the appropriate coloured sashes
- Assist in serving beverages and catering to survivors and careers
- Assist in making sure beverages and catering are stocked
- Keep Survivors and Careers Lounge clean and tidy
- Assist with anything else requested by lead Survivors and Careers Tea volunteer
The Survivors and Careers have a enjoyable experience at the Survivors and Careers Tea.
- Friendly manner
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment for Relay For Life, and for the Cancer Society
A short briefing pre-event, and commitment to at least a 2 hour shift at Relay For Life
Trentham Racecourse, with occasional meetings at the Cancer Society Wellington.
- Volunteering Team, Fundraising Events Team Lead and Community Events Coordinator are available for support and guidance.
- An Online orientation to the Cancer Society and a mini orientation to the role.
Respect for the confidentiality of Cancer Society of New Zealand information and intellectual property is essential. Breaching this is considered serious misconduct.