Toronto - Evergreen Brick Works - Site - EBW - Earth Day Litter Clean-up (April 22nd)
Join Evergreen’s Litter Clean Up Crew this coming Earth Day (April 22nd) and help keep Brick Works site looking beautiful!
To celebrate Earth Day and get the site ready for spring, we’re looking for extra hands to help us on Earth Day (Saturday April 22nd) with a site-wide litter clean up. Volunteers will work in groups to move from one space to another.
Volunteers will take pride in seeing the impact of their contributions and will be able to share their love of the Brick Works with others who are looking to connect with nature and the site.
What You Bring:
- You’re comfortable getting your hands dirty (we can provide gloves!) and doing physical work in small groups.
- You’re willing to work in some inclement weather (e.g. light rain).
- No experience necessary.
- All ages are welcome. Volunteers 14 years old and under are required to volunteer alongside a parent or guardian.
Note: While it is recommended that volunteers bring valid proof of vaccination along with them, masking is a valid substitute in this case. Volunteers are encouraged to monitor for any symptoms and refrain from attending if they are feeling unwell.
When and Where: This opportunity takes place at Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Ave) on Saturday April 22nd. We will schedule 2 shifts for the day: 11am-12pm and 12pm - 1pm. Volunteers are able to join us for one or both shifts! Be sure to arrive on time so you’re part of the intro/debrief for the shift!
Commitment: Because of limited spaces, volunteers are asked to sign up only if they are confident in being able to attend.
How We'll Support You: At the beginning of each shift volunteers will learn more about the clean-up and health and safety protocols. Volunteers will be supported by staff and volunteer leads throughout the shift.
Perks: Volunteers can take pride in knowing you’re helping to enhance the beauty of the Brick Works site for everyone to enjoy. Join a team of like-minded individuals who support flourishing cities. Enjoy being outdoors! As always, t-shirts, 15% discount on Evergreen Garden Market purchases, and up to 20% off on Evergreen's Active Living Discount Card, are just some of the many ways we thank our volunteers who contribute 20+ hours in a season.
Good to Know:
- You’ll need to dress for the weather, as we work through light rain or shine. Sturdy shoes (closed toe) are required.
- We may reach out to volunteers with updates about unexpected shift cancellations, reminders to come prepared, etc.
- We anticipate the site will be quite busy (Earth Day Activities, Farmers Market and Noodle Fest, etc.) We recommend that volunteers explore alternate ways of getting to site (walking, cycling, public transit) as parking and shuttle services will likely be busy.
- Volunteers will be asked to sign-in with staff at Tiffany Commons (near the Watershed Wall) at Evergreen Brick Works.
Getting here: Evergreen runs a free shuttle bus from Broadview subway station. The shuttle schedule can be found here on our website. Volunteers can also take the 28A Bayview South bus from Davisville Station which regularly stops at EBW. Paid parking is also available to staff, volunteers, and visitors. Volunteers can also cycle or walk to the Brick works through the surrounding ravine trails. Click here for more information on how to get here.
*Note* the site will be busy on Earth Day. We recommend walking, cycling and public transit to ensure your trip to site is smooth.
If This Sounds Like You: Click the "Fill in an Application" button in the upper right hand corner! Once completed, return to this page and click the “+ sign up” below to join us on Earth Day! A staff person will be in touch closer to the date with important details and next steps.
Questions? Please reach out to Mac Rogers at email@example.com
- Are you in either of these age ranges? Some volunteer roles are restricted based on age. Must be at least Volunteers 14 and under will volunteer with parent/guardian
- In which region would you like to volunteer? Must be Greater Toronto Area