Toronto - Evergreen Brick Works - Active Living - Public Rink Attendant Team | Application
Join Evergreen’s Public Rink Attendant Team!
Celebrate winter by combining your love of the outdoors with the greater community! We are looking for volunteers to help keep the rink running smoothly, keep skaters engaged and maintain a safe and fun ice surface during public skate hours.
What you bring:
- A strong interest in community involvement
- Customer service skills
- Physical ability and interest in skating and monitoring the ice
- Ability to communicate the rink’s programs and
- Ability to work independently and take on responsibilities
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic, self-driven, responsible
- Comfort working in outdoor conditions
- 16+ years old
- *First Aid/CPR training is an asset to this role*
When and Where: Skating takes place outdoors at Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Avenue).
- Throughout the winter season, public skate shifts will take place on Weekends from 12pm-4pm.
- Priority Shifts: Shifts will take place daily between December 26th and January 7th from 10:30am-3:30pm and 3:30pm-7:30pm.
Commitment: We ask that volunteers commit to a minimum of 2 shifts/month, from December to early March. There will be priority shifts for the holiday week (Dec 26-Jan 7), we ask that volunteers sign up for these first.
How we’ll support you: Volunteers will attend an orientation and training session to help you feel confident in your role. Training will give you the tools needed to support the programs and interact with participants with confidence. Staff will be present for all programs, but there are plenty of opportunities for volunteers to take on leadership roles, if they wish.
Orientation: To support this role, volunteers must complete a mandatory training. A team member will reach out to share resources for you to work through.
- Join an enthusiastic and dedicated team at Evergreen Brick Works
- Take advantage of opportunities to engage in winter recreation
- Promote active living, well-being and sustainability in our city
- After completing 20+ volunteer hours, receive an Evergreen t-shirt and 15% off the Evergreen Garden Market, and access to the Toronto Attractions Council Reciprocal Program
Good to know:
- Our skating rink is outdoors and uncovered
- There will be periods of continuous skating involved.
- Evergreen has a library of donated skates available to volunteers who do not have their own
- Volunteers will be engaging with members of the public in this role.
Getting Here: The Evergreen Shuttle Bus has returned. Volunteers are encouraged to use it, take the 28A Bayview South bus from Davisville Station, or walk/bike through the ravine trails. There is also limited paid parking available on-site. Here is some more info on how to get here.
If this sounds like you: Click on the “fill in an application” button on the top right-hand corner of this page. Please be sure to tell us why you would like to join this team and include any relevant experience you may have. Once you've completed your profile, click the +Sign-up/Apply button at the bottom of this page. Evergreen staff will follow up to have a brief interview.
Questions? If you have questions about this role, please reach out to Claire Christie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you in either of these age ranges? Some volunteer roles are restricted based on age. Must be at least 16 or older with parental/guardian approval
- English language skills Must be at least Intermediate
- In which region would you like to volunteer? Must be Greater Toronto Area