Animal Care Volunteer
For ages 16 years and older
Click here to fill out an application!
Learn about and assist in the delivery of professional animal care typically provided in zoos and aquariums accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums.
Help care for native reptiles and fish, as well as native and exotic amphibians. Receive hands on training with professional animal care staff. Learn about animal behavior, proper diets, veterinary care, and habitat design and maintenance. Have fun and support environmental stewardship.
- A full semester or summer commitment (usually 3-4 months).
- Minimum of one 4 hour shift per week.
What do I need to be successful in this position?
Applicants should be able to work independently, be active, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, reliable, and willing to get wet and/or dirty! Occasional heavy lifting (up to 60 pounds) may be required.
What benefits will I receive as an ECHO volunteer?
- 20% discount at ECHO’s Gift Shop
- Free admission to ECHO for the volunteer
- Free coffee & tea in volunteer lounge
- Annual appreciation events
- Professional development opportunities
- Volunteer social gatherings
- ECHO day passes, distributed quarterly
- ECHO branded gear & gifts
- ECHO memberships
- Letters of recommendation/reference