Chicagoland Delivery Driver - Volunteer Home Delivery Driver
Do you want to help build equitable access to healthy foods across Chicagoland? We need your help as a Volunteer Home Delivery Driver bringing quality groceries to food insecure households.
*This volunteer opportunity is socially distanced. There are 6-9 stops per delivery route, and it takes 2-3 hours to complete once you leave our warehouse. Available every Tuesday-Friday and bi-weekly Saturdays.
Here's how it works:
- Before Your Shift:
- Sign up for a shift online. Dates will close at 9:00am the day before. On the homepage you'll see our high-need dates, those are the days we need extra help. If you can't do one day, sign up for the next one. We can always use your help!
- You'll receive a reminder email with all the info you need about where to go and what you'll do the day before your shift.
- Empty your trunk if you don't have a lot of room or if you're bringing family or friends in the car with you, please make space for the food boxes you'll be delivering.
- Day Of Your Shift:
- We'll meet you at our warehouse (5959 S Lowe Ave, Docks 1 & 2, Chicago, IL 60621) at your shift start time.
- We'll provide you with the healthy food boxes you'll be delivering, give you your delivery route details, and other information about everything you need to know to have a successful day of deliveries.
- We'll supply you with gloves and have extra masks, if you need - don't hesitate to ask for more.
- We'll also review our social distancing protocol to keep you safe during deliveries. You'll call the food recipients when you're on your way and when you arrive, and leave the food boxes by their front door. You will not need to enter any buildings.
Here's what you'll need:
- An insured car and driver's license
- A cell phone
- Location Must be Chicagoland-area
The next 10 shifts (out of 515 total shifts) for this activity are as follows
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Wednesday, June 29, 2022||9:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|Wednesday, June 29, 2022||9:15 AM||12:15 PM|
|Wednesday, June 29, 2022||9:30 AM||12:30 PM|
|Wednesday, June 29, 2022||9:45 AM||12:45 PM|
|Wednesday, June 29, 2022||10:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Wednesday, June 29, 2022||10:15 AM||1:15 PM|
|Wednesday, June 29, 2022||10:30 AM||1:30 PM|
|Wednesday, June 29, 2022||10:45 AM||1:45 PM|
|Wednesday, June 29, 2022||11:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|Wednesday, June 29, 2022||11:15 AM||2:15 PM|